Frost & Sullivan Recognizes Ixia As The Leader In Gigabit Ethernet Test Equipment Market
Calabasas, CA, September 07, 2010 – Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA), a leading, global provider of converged IP network test solutions, today announced that the global research and growth consulting firm Frost & Sullivan has presented Ixia with the Gigabit Ethernet (GE) Test Equipment Market Position Leader award. This Frost & Sullivan distinction clearly demonstrates Ixia’s leadership in GE testing, with an overall GE market share of 27.1 percent in 2009 – including more than a 43 percent market share in pre-deployment testing.
- In 2009, the total world GE test equipment market generated revenues of $572.0 million, which was an increase of 6.4% over that of 2008.
- Ixia was the leader in the worldwide pre-deployment GE test equipment market in 2009, with a share of 43.5%.
- Ixia continued its leadership position in the worldwide 10 GE test equipment market in 2009, with a share of 28.1%.
- The leading participant in the total GE test equipment market in 2009 was Ixia, with a market share of 27.1%. The company is an excellent example of a test equipment company that has been able to offer state-of-the-art test solutions to its customers.
- Ixia successfully completed strategic acquisitions to expand geographic presence and increase its product portfolio. Ixia acquired Agilent Technologies’ N2X data network testing product line in October 2009, an instrumental step in achieving the company’s leadership position in this market.
- “In our annual study, Frost & Sullivan identified Gigabit Ethernet testing market drivers and trends, and analyzed the competitive landscape in order to provide a current view of this evolving marketplace,” said Olga Yashkova, Program Manager of Communications Test & Measurement practice at Frost & Sullivan. “The award is a prestigious recognition of Ixia’s innovation and market leadership in GE test equipment.”
- “Ixia has always been a pioneer in test and measurement innovation – exploring new technologies and improving our customers’ productivity,” said Atul Bhatnagar, President and CEO of Ixia. “This award validates our commitment to providing forward-thinking testing products for the wireless and wireline markets.”
- For more information on Ixia and its 1, 10, 40, and 100 GE solutions, please visit www.ixiacom.com.
- For more information on Frost & Sullivan, please visit their website.
- To view the full Frost & Sullivan report on the world GE test equipment market, click here.
This material is for informational purposes only and subject to change without notice. It describes Ixia's present plans to develop and make available to its customers certain products, features and capabilities. Ixia is only obligated to provide those deliverables specifically included in a written agreement between Ixia and the customer.