VoIP QoS Assurance Test
The VoIP Quality of Service (QoS) Service Assurance Test is designed to validate and ensure maintenance of service level agreements (SLAs) in high performance Voice-over-Wireless LAN (VoWLAN) networks. IxVeriWave offers an automated approach to determining a network's service level capacity, performance, call quality metrics, and service level assurance offered by infrastructure WLAN equipment in the presence of multiple VoIP calls and data traffic.
With the increasing popularity of real-time, delay-sensitive applications such as VoIP, Quality of Service protocols are essential to enabling high-priority voice and video traffic to share the medium efficiently with lower priority data traffic. The VoIP QoS Service Assurance Test Suite quantifies and qualifies the VoIP service level and service capacity of a WLAN network supporting mixed traffic including voice, video, and data. It offers a comprehensive functional test to validate the Service Differentiation capability of the WLAN, and enables verification of adherence to the IEEE 802.11e standard (as well as WMM), regression testing, and performance-envelope testing/analysis.
These tests are designed to identify bugs early in development and QA cycles, increase test coverage, and automate the test environment. Use of this test suite reduces time-to-market, increases test coverage, and optimizes deployment of multiservice wireless networks.
- Voice service level capacity of the WLAN network determined
- Characterizes the Service Level Agreement (SLA) break-point of the WLAN infrastructure equipment handling a constant voice call load in the presence of changing best-effort traffic load
- VoIP call quality measured as overall R-value (MOS score) and real-time and historical (i.e., trend analysis) R-value variation
- End-to-end throughput, latency, and jitter of different traffic priorities verified throughout the network
- Helps ensure the effects of security and QoS power-save protocols do not compromise voice quality
- Enables QoS performance issues to be identified and addressed prior to deployment
- Expectations of marketing, development, QA, and customers can be aligned using standard QoS benchmark metrics
|Tests and Metrics||
|IxVeriWave Test System||
IxVeriWave VoIP QoS Service Assurance Test Suite, 1 port; combines voice over IP (VoIP) with WMM and 802.11e protocols to validate WLAN service level agreements (SLAs) for voice and data; license sold on per-WaveBlade basis
This material is for informational purposes only and subject to change without notice. It describes Ixia's present plans to develop and make available to its customers certain products, features and capabilities. Ixia is only obligated to provide those deliverables specifically included in a written agreement between Ixia and the customer.