- Easy configuration of complex test scenarios
- Wide coverage of broadband access, Carrier Ethernet, and routing protocols
- Easy automation with Test Conductor IxN2X plug-in
- Scalable emulation of Internet-scale networking environments containing thousands of routers and switches and millions of routes and reachable hosts
- Seamless integration with Ixia XM platform for high density 1GE and 10GE testing
The Ixia IxN2X Multiservice Test Solution is your platform for testing success. IxN2X is designed to test IP forwarding devices such as routers and switches that deliver video, VoIP, data services and business VPNs. It is used in "out-of-service" lab environments to test network components at real-world scale prior to their deployment in live networks.
IxN2X allows you to test next generation networks with confidence by generating deterministic, repeatable test stimuli and making nanosecond-accurate measurements. Its broad range of protocol emulations, traffic encapsulations and pre-configured test scenarios provide comprehensive coverage to validate all areas of the network. Sophisticated sorting and filtering functions rapidly isolate problems, shortening time to insight for test engineers. IxN2X offers a range of chassis form factors and test interfaces to suit all customer needs.
On acquiring Agilent's N2X product line in October 2009, Ixia committed to a partnership that would yield the best of both worlds, and initiated the FUSION program - with the motto "embrace, extend, and unify" - to investigate synergies and develop a strategy for unification. IxN2X is the new name for the excellent N2X product, integrated into the Ixia product line.
IxN2X retains all of the core strengths that it offered prior to acquisition by Ixia. Those strengths - such as ease of use and routing scalability - will not change, while the overall platform benefits from Ixia's track record in innovation and high density, low cost hardware.
For high density 100G, 40G, 10GE and 1GE test scenarios, the IxN2X application can be run on Ixia's FUSION-enabled High Performance Load Modules. As recognized by Frost & Sullivan, Ixia is the market leader in Gigabit Ethernet Test Equipment. The FUSION-enabled series equips IxN2X users with the cost benefits of extreme port density and the ability to run both IxN2X and Ixia applications on the same hardware. The hardware is works seamlessly with legacy IxN2X hardware and supports IxN2X applications with no changes to the API and GUI, offering IxN2X users excellent investment protection.
- FUSION-enabled 100/40GE Xcellon-Lava Load Modules support 2 ports of 40/100GE per load module in IxN2X application, scaling up to 24 ports in a single XG12 chassis.
- FUSION-enabled 10GE NGY Load Modules support 2, 4, or 8 ports of 10GE per load module, scaling up to 96 10GE ports in a single XM chassis.
- FUSION-enabled 4 & 16-Port 1GE Load Modules support up to 192 1GE ports in a single XM chassis.
- FUSION-enabled 12-Port 1GE Load Modules support 12 ports of 1GE per load module, scaling up to 144 1GE ports in a single XM chassis as well as providing high performance L4-7 application testing capability using IxLoad.
- A Timing Distribution Module (TDM) allows you to run your legacy IxN2X system and Ixia XM system in a single physical configuration.
- The IxN2X graphical user interface automatically recognizes FUSION-enabled load modules as additional ports available for your test, making integration seamless.
- Existing scripts and saved configurations can be used immediately, saving time on test setup.
Run your IxN2X system and your Ixia XM system in a single configuration with the simple addition of a specially designed timing synchronization module. The IxN2X user interface automatically recognizes Ixia NGY load modules as additional ports available for your test, making integration seamless. Existing scripts and saved configurations can be used immediately, saving time on test setup.
[ back | top of page ]