Ixia's WaveTest Traffic Generator and Performance Analyzers equip developers to define and generate thousands of independent client sessions to explore the impact of diverse client mixes, network configurations and real-world traffic scenarios on device performance. Networks and devices can be assessed at full scale throughout development to optimize the design, functionality, interoperability, and performance of access points (APs), WLAN controllers and user devices.
Each WaveTest (WT) 90 chassis supports up to nine WaveBlade modules for a combined capacity of 18,000 individual WLAN clients per chassis, while the WT 20 features two slots. Highlights of WaveTest chassis include:
- Repeatable, automated testing: hundreds of tests run unattended
- Highly configurable, large scale deployment scenarios: generation of 1000s of stateful & independent clients
- Increased test coverage
- Bugs and other issues revealed early on
- Ability to stress and quantify diverse WLAN deployment scenarios
- Built-in client mobility for assessing roaming between access points at pre-determined times or power settings
- Generation and analysis of traffic between WLAN and Ethernet clients
- Test times reduced from days to minutes
- Reduced cost of test (COT) and cost of ownership
WaveTest offers a full range of native IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n and 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet interfaces to enable realistic simulation of converged wired/ wireless network ecosystems.