Ixia test systems deliver the industry's most comprehensive solutions for the performance, functional, and conformance testing of networks and applications. The IXIA 400T chassis provides a platform on which an Ixia test system can be built. The chassis supports an integrated test controller that manages all chassis and testing resources. A wide array of interface Load Modules are available for the chassis, providing the network interfaces and distributed processing resources for customizing and analyzing network traffic flows. The highly scalable architecture supports daisy chaining of up to 256 chassis with synchronized timing to enable very large test environments.
|Size||10.25"w x 5.75"h x 16"d
(26.1 x 14.6 x 40.6 cm)
|Weight||10 lbs. (4.5 kg)|
|Power||4.0 AMP@110V 2.0 AMP@220V 60/50 Hz|
|Timing Source||Internal or synchronized with another Ixia chassis|
|Operating System||Windows XP Pro|
Operating: 0% to 85%, non-condensing
Storage: 0% to 85%, non-condensing
2 Some high density / high performance load modules may require a lower operating temperature. If this is the case, the operating temperature will be specified in the load module datasheet.
- Support for 10/100/1000 Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Packet Over SONET (POS), and ATM interfaces
- Integrated PC controller running Windows XP Pro for management and control of port configuration and statistics
- Daisy-chaining of up to 256 chassis providing synchronization accuracy to within 10 nanoseconds
- Powerful automation facilities using the Tcl scripting language with easy integration into automated lab environments
- Generate and analyze network traffic synchronously over thousands of ports simultaneously
- Wide variety of network interfaces available enables flexible, multi-functional deployment
- Integrated PC eliminates need to buy a separate, specially configured workstation as a test controller
- Integrated software packaging and installation process for both chassis and Load Modules reduces management overhead and simplifies upgrades, eliminating need to manage multiple software and firmware elements
- Remote management allows easy access to chassis resources via a network
- Port-level user assignment allows resources to be shared among multiple users, maximizing testing resources and providing a secure, uninterrupted test environment
- Scripted automated test packages provide for the simple execution of scaleable benchmarking metrics
- Simultaneous control of up to thousands of test ports for large scale, synchronized performance testing
- Engineering and quality assurance (QA) teams developing and testing 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Packet over SONET, and ATM products
- Customer support departments troubleshooting customer issues
- Internet Service Providers (ISPs), carriers, and large enterprises executing product qualification/acceptance testing or pre-deployment hot staging
- Certification and interoperability labs providing third party validation
The Ixia test system is built on a proven, scalable architecture that integrates a RISC CPU running Linux and a TCP/IP stack on every test port. This distributed Linux processing environment enables stateful traffic testing of content-aware devices. In addition, line-rate stateless traffic generation and analysis is supported on each Ixia test port.
As device and network verification environments become increasingly complex, powerful and easy-to-use management software becomes critical. With the IxExplorer client application, users can flexibly manage up to thousands of ports from a single console located at the testing site or remotely. With the Aptixia IxAutomate application, users can execute a wide range of pre-built test suites targeted at specific analysis applications. Custom tests can be written using a Tcl API. Resources can be maximized by allowing multiple users to share the platform simultaneously, each assuming individual ownership of ports within the same chassis.
Product Ordering Information
941-0004 (IXIA 400T)
4 slot chassis including integrated PC controller, IxOS operating system, IxExplorer client application, and IxAutomate RFC 2544 and 2889 suites
AFD1, Auxiliary Function Device, GPS standalone unit for any Ixia chassis. Includes antenna, USB cable, serial cable, chassis sync cable and power supply. Configure by USB or serial cable, requires antenna to be installed with line-of-sight to the GPS satellites
GPS Antenna, Installation Kit. Includes TNC Bullet antenna, 75 ft. cable. Operates with 942-0002 (AFD1)
942-0004 GPS Cable Option. Includes in-line COAX TNC Amplifier, 200 ft. cable. Operates with 942-0002 (AFD1)
P/N: 915-0103-01 Rev B March, 2009
This material is for informational purposes only and subject to change without notice. It describes Ixia's present plans to develop and make available to its customers certain products, features and capabilities. Ixia is only obligated to provide those deliverables specifically included in a written agreement between Ixia and the customer.
Ixia Solutions Brochure