Network & Application Performance Monitoring
The Network Can't Afford to Fail
Are 'smart' devices making the network act dull?What impact are mobile devices having on security?Are online courses meeting student expectations?
Online learning, multimedia course content, and the sheer number of devices attaching to campus networks all keep growing. With the complexity of applications and security risks also on the rise, detecting and preventing potential performance issues in higher education networks is more critical -- and more challenging - than ever before.
Ixia's Anue Net Tool Optimizer® (NTO) suite of network monitoring switches delivers the actionable insight needed to ensure a high-quality student and faculty experience both on campus and online. NTO equips engineers to dynamically detect, avoid and address issues impacting network and application performance, while helping to ensure security, compliance, efficient management, and scalability.
Leveraging breakthrough innovation, NTO provides the ongoing visibility engineers at higher education facilities need to optimize:
- Multimedia and teleconferencing session quality
- Online application performance
- Aggregated Higher Speed Ethernet (HSE) 20G / 40G WAN link performance
- Resistance to hacker attempts
- Security of file-sharing programs
- Packet-capture for federal CALEA compliance
- Mobile client interoperability and WLAN capacity
NTO Solution HighlightsIdeal for higher education environments where many thousands of devices may locally attach to the network, the best-of-breed Net Tool Optimizer™ 5200 Series of network monitoring switches delivers increased visibility into traffic and improves the utilization of security and performance analysis tools. NTO aggregates, filters and de-duplicates data from multiple SPAN and TAP ports to provide each tool with exactly the data it requires. Net Tool Optimizer features:
- Expanded network monitoring capacity with simultaneous monitoring of multiple connection points from a single port;
- Maximum tool utilization extending 1G monitoring tools to 10G and 40G networks to defer costly upgrades;
- Automated troubleshooting that reduces mean time to repair (MTTR);
- Industry-first "drag and drop" interface that speeds and simplifies configuration and management;
- Industry first 40G capabilities;
- Faster response and remediation of security issues with unique ability to receive data from SIEM and NMS for modifying monitoring policies on-the-fly.
Ixia's Net Tool Optimizer solutions vastly improve the economics of scaling monitoring tools to optimize security and performance across complex higher education network infrastructures. Learn more about our network visibility solutions or contact us for information on how NTO can help in maintaining security and simplicity while delivering a superior user experience.
Download the Education Solutions Brief (1.25 MB)
|Ixia's products include:|
[ top of page ]