The Data Center: Heart of the Network
Making the Change Seamless
Are your data center devices ready for the cloud?Will your devices handle the media-rich traffic mix expected from today's data center?Can you beat the competition with the latest technology?
Data centers are undergoing a tremendous evolution by improving infrastructure efficiency, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness. Add to this cloud computing and high performance computing (HPC) services, and it's obvious that the key trend is end-to-end compute, storage, and converged networking.
Converged networking includes I/O consolidation; server virtualization; integration of higher speed Ethernet; and convergence of Internet, storage, and HPC traffic over a unified Ethernet network. A new generation of data center equipment and technologies is under development to facilitate this transformation. With the revolutionary change in the way data center networks are designed, deployed, and managed, new testing methodologies must be employed to verify the converged data center "hot spots".
Ixia's platform and test applications feature:
- Complete data center cloud simulation to validate switch performance and ultra-low latency
- Internet and server-to-server traffic to fully load a system with a realistic mixture of north-south and east-west data center traffic
- Top-of-rack switch solutions to stress top of rack data center design architectures
- Most versatile virtual traffic generators to measure the performance of heavy data movement between virtual machines (VMs)
- Protocol emulation for testing the functionality, performance, scalability, and robustness of key technologies; including FCoE, fibre channel, data center bridging (DCB), layer-2 multipath (L2MP) networks, and security.
- Fully integrated energy consumption measurements correlated with network load
|Ixia's products include:||Technology solutions include:|