The Strategic Path to Migration
How much latency will proxies and Carrier Grade NAT (CGNs) add to applications?Can the data center serve IPv6 content at scale?How can we add IPv6 support without adding new vulnerabilities?
IPv4 address depletion is creating urgency for enterprises to transition networks and data centers to support IPv6. This means determining what, when, and how to upgrade in order to stay prepared, optimize investment, and minimize disruption to users and services.
To effectively support IPv4 and IPv6 in tandem, network architects must employ robust and scalable transition mechanisms that can add latency, impact application performance, and introduce new threats to security. In maintaining operational excellence during migration, they need a means of benchmarking competing solutions that serves to optimize:
- Access to both IPv4 and IPv6 Internet content by internal users
- Availability of both IPv4 and IPv6 content to external users
- End-to-end network scalability and performance
- Application performance and end-user QoE
Ixia: Demonstrating and Delivering Value
Ixia IPv6 migration assessments deliver the insight enterprises need to evaluate and implement strategic, cost-effective transition plans. We simulate real-world networking environments to determine which parts of the network and data center should be upgraded or replaced and when.
Quick Reference Sheets
IPv6 (791.2 KB)
Ixia's strategic IPv6 migration evaluations include:
- Benchmarking dual-stack router/network performance
- Evaluating device and firmware interoperability
- Simulating peak usage to measure application performance
- Assessing internal users’ access to IPv6 Internet content
- Measuring the impact of IPv6 proxies and carrier grade NAT
- Deciding when and how long software upgrades will suffice before replacing hardware
- Simulating clients and servers to validate delivery of IPv6 content at scale
- Determining how the increasing ratio of IPv6:IPv4 traffic will impact network and application performance
Ixia simulates a combination of IPv4/IPv6 routing protocols and wire-rate traffic to model and evaluate the pros and cons of different IPv6 transition options. Partnering with us equips enterprise IT strategists to assess the true cost of transition technologies in terms of CapEx, performance, and scalability, and to demonstrate the value of the decisions they make.
|Ixia's products include:|