Service Providers: Multiplay
Managing the Masses
Do your data services meet the application performance and security requirements for excellent QoE?Can you deliver uninterrupted streaming media and OTT video to browsers and TV sets, IPTV to specialized set-top boxes, and video to mobile devices?Will your next-generation network handle growing VoIP demands to millions of endpoints?
Service providers are increasingly looking to deliver differentiated multiplay services to businesses and digital homes over converged IP networks. As the Internet evolves, a wider and wider variety of multiplay services are carried from broadly-distributed sources to a large and varied audience of consumers. Services of all types that use a range of protocols are seen in modern multiplay networks, including:
- Voice over IP
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- Video delivery (streaming, on-demand)
Services must be delivered with the proper amount of networking equipment and bandwidth. More and more specialized, application-specific networking devices will continue to emerge as new services gain traction. In contrast, larger and more powerful networking devices are integrating functions of the separate devices.
Ixia offers a complete, all-in-one hardware/software testing solution. Ixia's chassis, interface modules, and applications provide a complete, integrated system for testing all types of multiplay devices and networks. All running on the same chassis, Ixia test applications cover the full gamut from conformance testing, to layer 2-3 and layer 4-7 performance testing, to full automation and regression testing. With Ixia solutions, service providers can test:
- Scalability – determine the maximum number of users and sessions that can be supported
- Performance – measure per-protocol maximum data rates
- Interoperability – ensure that devices conform to published and de facto standards in the same manner
- Security – guarantee that security devices fend off attacks and that other devices are not vulnerable
- Realism – ensures that testing closely matches real-world conditions, with protocol client/server emulations and service traffic over established routing planes
|Ixia's products include:|