Test Broadband Network Devices: Overview
The term "broadband" is used to describe high-speed Internet access for end customers, via DSL, PON, cable, or wireless networks. Broadband requires numerous protocols and devices to work together seamlessly to provide reliable customer Internet access, especially when rolling out new services that consume larger and larger amounts of bandwidth. To provide reliable subscriber access, network equipment providers (NEMs) and service providers must sufficiently testing broadband network protocols, equipment, and network topologies.
Ixia specializes in testing network components and topologies, helping to ensure reliability and QoE in broadband access networks. Ixia's platform emulates network protocols and simulates network devices to help answer critical questions, such as:
- Does my broadband implementation conform to industry standards?
- Does my ANCP implementation allow full management and monitoring of my network topology and state?
- Can my BRAS, LAC, or LNS scale and still meet QoS objectives?
- Can I test and verify service level agreements?
- Is my network able to handle subscriber session flapping?
- Is my network ready for IPv6 transition?
Ixia is a market leader in providing broadband testing solutions. Network equipment manufacturers and service providers meet the changes and challenges of broadband deployment and maintenance using Ixia's award-winning solutions that ensure performance, conformance, and scalability demands.