Testing Routing and Switching: Overview
Networks and networking devices are becoming increasingly complex. Enterprise expansion, data center convergence, and new service deployments link diversified networking technologies and devices that must operate together seamlessly. The proliferation of video services is pushing the network infrastructure to deliver higher bandwidth and availability.
As networks converge into a single network carrying voice, video, data, and wireless traffic, it is critical that network equipment manufacturers (NEMs) and service providers use leading-edge test systems to assess functionality, scale, performance, and resillency. The increase in complexity necessitates additional capabilities, flexibility, and power in the test equipment designed to assess network and network device performance. Such sophisticated test systems must be flexible, highly scalable, easy to use, and fully support multiple routing and bridging protocol emulations. In addition, test systems must generate line-rate traffic and analyze millions of traffic flows with comprehensive QoS analysis.
With Ixia, you can validate the performance of your network and answer critical questions, such as:
- Is my device equipped to deal with the growing demands on network capacity?
- How does my network perform in conditions of "real-world" traffic?
- How long does it take my device and network to recover from failures?
- Will the configured service attributes enable me to provide my customers with maintainable service level agreements?
- Will my device support the ultra high availability demanded by mission-critical applications?
As a leader in performance analysis solutions, Ixia's IxNetwork™ - powered by ViperCore technology - meets these requirements. It is specifically targeted for performance and functional testing of high-speed, high capacity routers, switches, and application servers.