Testing Routing and Switching: Library
Quick Reference Sheets
- OpenFlow (430.94 KB)
- Ixia Testing Solutions (11.42 MB) - discusses Ixia's testing solutions for switching and routing, Triple Play delivery, IMS, data center operations, Carrier Ethernet, network assessment, and broadband access performance and conformance.
Ixia and Alcatel-Lucent Validate IEEE 1588v2 Performance for Mobile Backhaul (00:05:13) - February, 2011
Ixia's IEEE 1588v2 protocol emulation, network simulation, and traffic generation solution was used to simulate real-world mobile backhaul network conditions around Alcatel-Lucent's market-leading 7705 Service Aggregation Router (SAR). The test demonstrated the functionality, performance, and robust operation of 1588v2 on the 7705 SAR under highly-scaled network conditions and traffic load. The observed measurements verified that the 7705 SAR implementation is capable of satisfying 2G, 3G, and 4G mobile service synchronization requirements over packet-based backhaul networks under simulated real-world conditions. Other 7705 SAR synchronization capabilities include support for Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE), adaptive clock recovery, external reference timing and line timing.
- Best Practices for Deploying IPv6 over Broadband Access - Discusses underlying technology and recommended testing methodologies for IPv6 address translation, tunneling and dual-stack deployments.
- An Overview of Next-Generation 100 and 40 Gigabit Ethernet Technologies (424.15 KB) - This white paper discusses how advances in data center technology and Internet usage have pushed enterprises to demand higher speed Internet connections.
- Enabling 100 Gigabit Ethernet Implementing PCS Lanes (435.71 KB) - In order to make 100 GbE immediately available, it is important that it operate in conjunction with existing, deployed fiber. This requires technology that flexibly maps a single 100 Gb/s stream of data into a variable number of data "lanes" that can be used in bundles.
- Router Testing with Real-World Emulation (922.03 KB) - explores the reasons why scalability during device and network testing is essential. Demonstrates the need for scalability for testing IPv4/IPv6 networks, testing multicast VPN scenarios, testing carrier-class switches and routers and testing with stateful traffic.
- Isocore Report - Maximum Routing Scaling for IPv4 and IPv6 (139.22 KB)
- Measuring Network Convergence Time - This white paper describes the necessary information and tests needed to accurately measure network convergence times.
- Ixia powers new series of EANTC and Light Reading 100 Gigabit Ethernet tests for ZTE and Alcatel-Lucent. Results are published on Light Reading's site:
- For more information the ZTE’s test results, go to http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=209122
- For more information on Alcatel-Lucent’s test results, go to http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=209687
- Ethernet Protocol Reference
- IPv6 Protocol Reference
- TCP Protocol Reference
- 40 and 100Gbps Higher Speed Ethernet Reference
- FCoE/Data Center Bridging
Ixia's Black Books contain comprehensive test methodologies that will help you become familiar with new technologies and understand related testing challenges. Available Routing-and-Switching-themed books include:
- Advanced MPLS
- Carrier Ethernet
- Ethernet Synchronization
- QoS Validation
- Higher Speed Ethernet
- Test Automation
- Converged Data Center
- IPv6 Transition Technologies
- Ultra Low Latency Testing