Industry’s First End-to-End Validation Showcase for Automotive Layers 1-7
“Motor City” Detroit just hosted the industry’s first end-to-end automotive Ethernet validation solution on the same table.
Automotive Ethernet, that started its journey five years back in Germany, is making its way into most of the automotive labs across the globe. For making the technology suitable for automotive environments, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and several other forums like AUTOSAR, Open Alliance, and Avnu have come up with new set of standards – starting right from the physical layer to higher-layer protocols. The whole new ecosystem includes single twisted-pair Ethernet (IEEE-100BaseT1, IEEE-1000BaseT1), automotive TCP/IP stack, time synchronization (IEEE 802.1AS), audio video bridging transport (802.1Qav), and finally, scheduled traffic transmission (IEEE 802.1Qbv) for more accurate delivery. Keysight and Ixia product portfolios together cover the validation of this very new and complex ecosystem.
The Keysight booth in the Automotive Testing Expo 2017 in Novi, Michigan showcased a test solution that cut across every component of the Automotive ethernet ecosystem. The demonstrations included processing analog and digital information while testing third-party automotive components.
The solutions demonstrated include:
- Keysight S-series Oscilloscope as part of the E6961A Automotive Ethernet Tx Compliance Solution. This solution includes the ability to perform hardware triggers of protocol-level information, simultaneously displaying decoded Ethernet frames. The oscilloscope also performs electrical conformance measurements per IEEE 802.3bw and BroadR-reach v3.2 specifications.
- The Keysight E6961A Automotive Ethernet Tx Compliance Solution also includes 1000Base-T1 Tx compliance tests and MDI S-parameter testing.
- The Keysight E6962A Automotive Ethernet Rx Compliance Solution provides a true Bit Error Ratio (BER) test for 100Base-T1 receiver test (per OPEN alliance PMA test suite v2 BroadR-Reach V2, and IEEE 802.3bw specification and Automotive Ethernet Consortium 100Base-T1 PMA test suite v1.0).
- Ixia IxANVL for Automotive Ethernet TCP/IP stack conformance based on Open Alliance TC8/ AUTOSAR.
- Ixia IxNetwork for AVB (MSRP, gPTP, CBS, FQTSS) testing.
- Ixia IxNetwork for Avnu conformance testing for automotive devices.
- Ixia IxNetwork for TSN (802.1Qbv Scheduled Traffic, 802.1AS Rev) testing for industrial and automotive devices.