VPN Troubles? Check Out Our New App Note!
Is a surge of work-from-home (WFH) connections threatening to derail your most critical collaborative applications — along with your users' ability to innovate anywhere?
If so, you're not alone. In fact, we're no stranger to this ourselves. Over the course of a single day, we saw our VPN connections increase by a factor of ten!
With more and more users logging into corporate VPNs from home, your most critical traffic is moving across links that are no longer controlled by service-level agreements (SLAs). Unsurprisingly, this makes detecting, diagnosing, and resolving service degradations an increasingly difficult task — causing a whole host of challenges for IT teams at a time when they can least afford to deal with them.
Simply ignoring these issues is a non starter. After all, business cannot continue as usual if WFH users cannot access critical tools. You need to get ahead of the curve — and that means being able to prevent VPN and web-based traffic bursts from causing major service outages or jeopardizing user experiences. However, that can be exceedingly difficult if you're starting from scratch.
Fortunately, we're here to help. In response to the widespread VPN connectivity issues we've been seeing, one of our foremost experts in performance monitoring penned a detailed application note to help you get your network back on track.
Utilizing our Hawkeye active network motoring platform, the app note reveals a step-by-step methodology to validating and monitoring VPN access and performance — enabling you to:
- validate, monitor, and troubleshoot access to VPN gateways — while securing their ability to perform at all times
- verify your end users’ internet connections and cloud connectivity performance
- qualify and manage network performance — from end users to wide area network (WAN) resources
- confirm network connectivity to essential applications such as virtual meeting places (Microsoft Teams, Webex, and others) and self-hosted or software-as-a-service (SaaS) productivity tools
VPN performance is too critical to be left to chance. Download the application note and take control of user experience for WFH users.
And if you're looking for additional VPN support, be sure to check out our SSL VPN Gateway Assessment Service. Where Hawkeye can help you monitor and troubleshoot access to your VPN gateways, our SSL VPN Gateway Assessment Service goes a step further — measuring your capacity and throughput limits to help you answer critical questions like:
- How many users can my VPN gateway support?
- How long does it take to establish a connection when a lot of users are connecting?
- How much throughput does the gateway support when a large number of users are connected?
- How much bandwidth per tunnel can my infrastructure sustain?