What Cost Control Use Cases Are You Using?
As networks become larger and more complex, the cost to maintain them increases. However, there are clear activities that you can implement which will allow you to increase efficiency while controlling those costs. More in-depth coverage of these activities can be found in the whitepaper Ixia’s Guide to Visibility Use Cases - Cost Containment.
A first task is to implement a visibility architecture that reveals where blind spots are occurring in your network. Specifically, this visibility architecture lets you see your network better and provides you insights on how to respond to network inefficiencies. For instance, many organizations struggle with responding to situations quickly, eliminating duplicate data, removing unnecessary data, and using load balancing to reduce unnecessary costs for security and monitoring tools.
Here is a list of 13 key cost control and cost reduction use cases that can help you manage your production network better.
- NPB-based data filtering allows monitoring tools to scale efficiently
- deduplication increases monitoring tool efficiency and accuracy
- load balancing extends the life of 1/10 Gbps tools in 40 Gbps networks
- maximize monitoring tool efficiencies with data aggregation
- increase tool efficiency by combining virtual and physical monitoring
- track your monitoring data to optimize network performance
- optimize network traffic with Cisco Nexus 3000/9000 integration
- header stripping increases efficiency of monitoring tools
- protect monitoring data with extended burst protection
- NPB automation dramatically improves monitoring response times
- reduce total cost of ownership with effective visibility architecture management
- lower your OPEX by integrating monitoring and network management
- validate latency for high-performance financial monitoring links
If you want more details on what these use cases involve, download the whitepaper Ixia’s Guide to Visibility Use Cases - Cost Containment to get an overview for each of these use cases.
Once you understand these basics, you can download the ebook The Definitive Guide to Visibility Use Cases to get over 60 different example use cases of how you can fully utilize a visibility architecture. These use cases cover various business needs – like removing network blind spots, strengthening network security, accelerating troubleshooting activities, as well as these 13 use cases on reducing network costs.