Ixia, a Keysight Business, Adds New TLS 1.3 Performance Testing Capabilities to CloudStorm Platform
June 11, 2018
- What is the customer problem?
- How does Keysight solution solve this problem?/a>
- Key Features and Business Benefits
- Additional Information
- Related Information
Ixia, a Keysight Business, introduces new TLS 1.3 support for the CloudStorm applications and security testing platform enabling customers to validate the functionality and performance of network devices working with the newly ratified TLS 1.3 protocol standard.
What is the customer problem?
TLS 1.3 is a major overhaul of the protocol standards that secures the world wide web from the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). TLS 1.3 promises to make the web experience faster and more secure. However, TLS 1.3 introduces behavioral changes and challenges for network devices that perform tasks such as inspection, proxying, and load balancing. These issues require network equipment manufacturers (NEMs) to perform comprehensive feature functionality and performance tests to ensure that their equipment supports TLS 1.3.
How does Keysight solution solve this problem?
CloudStorm offers NEMs, enterprises and data center operators unmatched encrypted application performance to assess the impact of TLS 1.3 at cloud-scale volumes. CloudStorm with TLS 1.3 support also enables data center operators and enterprises to test their security solutions to validate device performance with the new protocol accelerating the adoption of TLS 1.3.
Key Features and Business Benefits
- Scalable TLS 1.3 client and server emulations help users validate the performance impact of new TLS 1.3 implementations
- Supports several cipher types, curves and certificates enabling users to test and validate the best combinations for their business operations
- Supports network device testing in various deployment modes like NAT, proxy and inspection modes to deliver a comprehensive end-to-end network security design and deployment validation
The feature will be available to all users who have a current Ixia hardware such as PerfectStorm or CloudStorm.