Ixia, a Keysight Business, Expands Visibility Portfolio to Branch Office and Remote Sites; Adds Support for Edgecore 5812 Switch in Vision Edge OS
June 11, 2018
- What is the customer problem?
- How does Keysight solution solve this problem?/a>
- Key Features and Business Benefits
- Additional Information
- Related Information
Ixia further expands the Vision network packet broker portfolio with Vision Edge 10S (E10S), a new cost-effective network packet broker designed for branch office or remote site deployments.
In addition, Ixia adds support for the Edgecore 5812 switch to the Vision Edge OS, a software-only version of its network packet broker for white-box switches.
What is the customer problem?
Data is everywhere, not just at a centralized data center, but at branch offices and remote sites. To meet user demand, organizations spread operations across data centers, their main campus, and at remote sites and branches – the “edge” of their networks. As an infrastructure evolves, remote site and branch visibility requirements have grown from simple routing to a more sophisticated platform that can help tailor and route traffic for monitoring both locally and at the data center or other locations.
As more data is generated and used at the edge, users need a way to handle some of that traffic locally and optimize the traffic that is sent across the WAN or LAN network to a data center or other sites. Porting all their data would be costly and ineffective. Filtering and optimizing data and routing it accordingly ensures lower costs and greater efficiencies.
How does Keysight solution solve this problem?
Vision Edge 10S provides network visibility for branch offices and remote sites in an entry-level 1G/10G platform with complete packet broker functionality such as filtering, aggregation, replication and load-balancing as well as deduplication, packet trimming, and header stripping capabilities. Vision 10S also allows users to tunnel traffic to move across WAN or LAN with L2GRE termination and origination.
The Vision Edge OS enables users to use white-box switches they can lower their costs by buying in bulk for both their switching and network visibility needs and to support their migration to software defined networks.
Key Features and Business Benefits
Vision Network Packet Brokers
- Ixia’s best-in-class interface (GUI) minimizes time and error spent configuring and re-configuring old fashioned CLI interfaces
- Standard NPB functionality in Ixia’s NetStack including filtering, aggregation, replication and load-balancing to ensure traffic flows are optimized both for local tools and those at other sites
Vision Edge 10S
- L2GRE tunneling (origination & termination) helps move traffic across a WAN or LAN network allowing organizations to use security and monitoring infrastructure at the data center for the branch and remote (edge) sites [or vice versa]
- PacketStack capabilities include:
- header stripping, packet trimming, deduplication to ensure that tunneled data and or for local tools is optimized for receipt by those tools which lowers the burden on the network
Vision Edge 10S
- 1U chassis, fixed form, capable of (2) speeds - 1G, 10G
- Hot swap redundant power supplies and fans, available in AC and DC models
- (48) 1G or (48) 10G SFP+ ports
- 40Gbps of packet processing using PacketStack
- Full featured aggregation, replication, filtering and load balancing
- Tunneling for moving traffic across WAN or LAN, L2GRE termination and origination