Delivers New Network Packet Brokers - Vision Edge 40 and Vision Edge 100
Today’s hyperscale data centers, which are designed for expansion, as well as micro data centers, which often sit on the network edge closer to end users for an improved experience, can create significant challenges for IT organizations. These challenges range from poor network performance due to increasing size and complexity, to security issues resulting from insufficient visibility into incident detection and resolution. Many IT organizations use multiple network monitoring tools, and need to efficiently transport network traffic from thousands of network locations.
Ixia’s solutions for highly scalable and expanding data centers
Ixia’s Vision portfolio of NPBs provides intelligent, sophisticated, and programmable network flow optimization, delivering comprehensive visibility and security coverage. The new Vision Edge 40 and Vision Edge 100 offer real-time visibility, insight, and security into high density hyperscale and microscale data centers, even as they expand. Each is capable of inline and out-of-band deployments, and delivers control, coverage, and performance to protect and improve crucial networking, data center, and cloud business assets.
Vision Edge 40 and Vision Edge 100 offer the following customer benefits:
- Ease-of use
- Point-and-click web-interface offers an intuitive network-to-tools layout, enabling users to easily translate to real-life physical configurations
- 3-stages of filtering: ingress, dynamic, and egress; naturally providing a built-in capability for AND/OR logic, and simplifying configuration of complex Boolean filtering rules
- Top of the rack aggregation supported at the required throughput eliminates blind spots
- Multi-speed capability, can be used for initial deployments and scaled for the required throughput
- Visibility Intelligence
- Dynamic filter compiler auto-resolves overlapping filter rules to help eliminate errors
- Aggregation, replication, load balancing, and source port labeling helps ensure tools get the right data at the right speed
“IT management will appreciate the flexibility and agility of Vision Edge 40 and Vision Edge 100,” says
Ixia’s Security Fabric Powers Visibility
Ixia’s Vision Edge 40 and Vision Edge 100 can be used as standalone devices or as part of a robust Security Fabric™ when combined with Ixia’s turnkey Vision ONE™ network packet broker. This combination creates a powerful visibility engine that delivers the right traffic to the right security and monitoring tools, while enabling customers to leverage Ixia’s advanced visibility intelligence features in Vision ONE to optimize traffic analysis and security tool performance. These include PacketStack capabilities, which offer intelligent packet filtering, manipulation, and transport, as well as AppStack capabilities, which filter and visualize not only Level 2-4 traffic, but also Layer 7 application traffic, so that suspicious applications can be tagged and watched.
Ixia, recently acquired by
Ixia, the Ixia logo, Vision Edge, Security Fabric, Vision ONE, PacketStack, and AppStack are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ixia in
Connect with Ixia
Ixia Media Contact:
Denise Idone, Director of Corporate Communications
Office: (631) 849-3500
Mobile: (516) 659-7049