Ixia Vision Edge 1S offers network packet collection and performance monitoring in one affordable device
SANTA ROSA, Calif., February 26, 2019 – Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS), a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world, today announced that Ixia, a Keysight Business, released the Vision Edge 1S (E1S) visibility solution. This new, cost-effective solution combines network packet broker functionality with application and synthetic monitoring in a single appliance, delivering network visibility at remote sites.
Processing of data is rapidly moving to the edge. According to Gartner, by 2022, more than 50% of enterprise-generated data will be created and processed outside the data center or cloud. Computing assets at the edge of an enterprise need to be monitored for performance as well as security vulnerabilities.
“The growth of edge computing places a new burden on enterprises to understand what is happening at remote sites,” said Recep Ozdag, vice president, product management in Keysight’s Ixia Solutions Group. “While edge computing puts resources where they are needed, gaps can emerge in a company’s monitoring and security infrastructure. Vision Edge 1S fills those gaps with an impressively cost-effective, yet powerful combination of a network packet broker and application performance monitoring solution.”
The Ixia Vision Edge 1S offers:
- Advanced packet broker features that filter and distribute traffic from the edge (up to 10G line rate) enabling centralized security and monitoring tools to receive relevant data for monitoring
- Application monitoring with remote packet capture and enriched flow monitoring (Netflow/IxFlow) to monitor application performance at the edge
- Performance monitoring through synthetic traffic generation (up to 10G line rate) to predict the performance of applications and verify network capacity and performance at the edge
- Remote and real-time control through the easy-to-use Hawkeye web-interface for efficient provisioning and remote management of network and application performance with a simple click
- Integration with other Vision packet brokers for comprehensive visibility into the enterprise performance and security monitoring infrastructure
 Gartner, The Edge Completes the Cloud: A Gartner Trend Insight Report, September 2018
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS) is a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers, and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world. Keysight's solutions optimize networks and bring electronic products to market faster and at a lower cost with offerings from design simulation, to prototype validation, to manufacturing test, to optimization in networks and cloud environments. Customers span the worldwide communications ecosystem, aerospace and defense, automotive, energy, semiconductor and general electronics end markets. Keysight generated revenues of $3.9B in fiscal year 2018. More information is available at www.keysight.com.
# # #