New IxProbe provides quality of service monitoring to take control of last mile connectivity at branch offices
SANTA ROSA, Calif., October 1, 2019 – Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS), a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world, today announced IxProbe from Ixia, a Keysight Business. IxProbe is an inline monitoring solution that provides managed network service providers (MNSPs) with access to real-time monitoring of computing that resides at the edge of a customers’ network, typically a branch office, to increase quality of service (QoS) and profitability.
MNSPs face significant challenges in meeting service level agreements (SLAs) due to the inability to monitor network and application performance in end-customer branch offices outside their service area. These challenges form a gap in network monitoring that can impede troubleshooting, lowering end-customer satisfaction and increasing costs. Access to a mix of real-time and proactive monitoring data from the network at branch offices enables MNSPs to make critical decisions that ensure service quality while saving valuable resources.
“Managed network service provider customers are increasingly dependent on computing performed at branch offices outside of their enterprise network, known as edge computing, while new SLAs are tied directly to business performance,” said Kevin Formby, vice president of product management for Access Products at Keysight’s Ixia Solutions Group. “With IxProbe, these service providers can access the network intelligence they need, including computing at the edge of the network, to deliver high customer satisfaction and consistent service quality.”
- IxProbe fills the gap in network intelligence that MNSPs need to gain a competitive advantage with:
- Synthetic monitoring through Ixia Hawkeye, which provides real-time analytics for assessment of QoS for SLA verification and VoIP and video service quality.
- Real-time inline monitoring, which provides built-in heartbeats and simple network management protocol (SNMP) polling for rapid troubleshooting at branch locations.
- Remote administration with a unified dashboard that offers valuable data in one convenient place to identify trends and historical metrics, as well as manage and configure devices remotely.
- Rapid deployment with easy branch-office installation by non-technical personnel in as little as two minutes.
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS) is a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers, and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world. Keysight's solutions optimize networks and bring electronic products to market faster and at a lower cost with offerings from design simulation, to prototype validation, to manufacturing test, to optimization in networks and cloud environments. Customers span the worldwide communications ecosystem, aerospace and defense, automotive, energy, semiconductor and general electronics end markets. Keysight generated revenues of $3.9B in fiscal year 2018. More information is available at www.keysight.com.
# # #