Data privacy and compliance, security, and achieving full data visibility among top challenges for IT professionals with responsibility for cloud deployments
CALABASAS, CA – November 8, 2017 – Ixia, a Keysight Business and leading provider of network testing, visibility, and security solutions, today announced research findings highlighting concerns of IT professionals worldwide in a new Cloud Security survey.
The survey, commissioned by Ixia and conducted by Dimensional Research, polled over 350 IT professionals in companies larger than 1,000 employees with primary responsibility for cloud deployments and management. Based on the survey results, over 90 percent of respondents are concerned about data and application security in public clouds while nearly 60 percent of respondents reported that public cloud environments make it more difficult to obtain visibility into data traffic.
“As cloud adoption grows, concerns are shifting from migration topics to security and data visibility topics in the cloud environment,” said Jeff Harris, chief marketing officer, Ixia. “Companies realize it is vital to have access to comprehensive cloud visibility solutions. This survey highlights how much enterprises are concerned about data visibility in every public and private cloud they operate.”
Key Findings of the survey include:
- 88 percent experienced a business-related issue from a lack of visibility into public cloud data traffic.
- The top three challenges companies experience due to lack of visibility into their public cloud data include:
- troubleshooting application performance issues,
- troubleshooting network performance issues and application outages, and
- rapid response resolving security alerts and network outages.
- The top three priorities for organizations with public cloud environments include:
- securing data and applications,
- satisfying compliance requirements, and
- increasing cloud expertise.
- 87 percent suffered downtime of an hour or more during their last network outage, which according to Gartner, can cost a company as much as $5,600 for each minute1 , as well as impact customer satisfaction.
- 99 percent confirm that scalability is key for cloud monitoring solutions.
Download the full Cloud survey findings here: https://www.ixiacom.com/resources/lack-visibility-drives-public-cloud-security-risk
Ixia, recently acquired by Keysight Technologies, provides testing, visibility, and security solutions, strengthening applications across networks and cloud environments for enterprises, service providers, and network equipment manufacturers. Ixia offers companies trusted environments in which to develop, deploy, and operate. Customers worldwide rely on Ixia to verify their designs, optimize their performance, and ensure protection of their networks and cloud environments to make their applications stronger. Learn more at www.ixiacom.com.
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight Technologies is a leading technology company that helps its engineering, enterprise and service provider customers optimize networks and bring electronic products to market faster and at a lower cost. Keysight's solutions go where the electronic signal goes, from design simulation, to prototype validation, to manufacturing test, to optimization in networks and cloud environments. Customers span the worldwide communications ecosystem, aerospace and defense, automotive, energy, semiconductor and general electronics end markets. Keysight generated revenues of $2.9B in fiscal year 2016. In April 2017, Keysight acquired Ixia, a leader in network test, visibility, and security. More information is available at www.keysight.com.
Ixia Media Contact:
Denise Idone, Director of Corporate Communications
Office: (631) 849-3500
Mobile: (516) 659-7049