Ixia is a global company with strong core values that are reflected in the products and services we deliver to our customers and business partners around the world. Integrity, fairness and respect are integral to our values and culture.
For many years, men, women and children have been forced to work under deplorable and inhumane conditions to extract tin, tantalum, tungsten and gold (commonly referred to as "conflict minerals"), throughout the Eastern region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) or an adjoining country. These minerals are commonly found in electronic equipment manufactured and sold all over the world.
We feel that it is our responsibility and obligation to do our part to help the international community end the senseless suffering, exploitation and human rights violations of these individuals.
Our commitment to this cause includes taking the following actions:
- Establish and maintain a program committed to the ongoing effort to identify the use of conflict minerals;
- Develop mitigation strategies to transition from suppliers whose products include conflict minerals extracted from the "Conflict Regions" of the DRC;
- Require that our suppliers conduct the same due diligence with respect to their supply chains and the use of conflict minerals as we do;
- Continue to support the objectives of the United States and our international business partners to avoid and eradicate the use of "conflict minerals;" and
- Work with our teams globally to implement these actions.
In addition to our committed actions, we will require that ALL of our key suppliers provide written evidence documenting that materials used in the manufacture of or incorporated into components supplied to Ixia originate solely from outside the "Conflict Regions" of the DRC. Our goal is to avoid the use of conflict minerals in all of the products we sell.
If we identify the use of conflict minerals in any of the components we procure, then we will take the appropriate actions to transition our sourcing of these components to "conflict free" suppliers.