Automate the Lab
Modern development processes stressing continuous integration/deployment intended to accelerate time-to-market are making automation an imperative. Unfortunately, the sophisticated and expensive equipment required (product under development, test tools, infrastructure, software and others) is often located in silos around the company, simultaneously underutilized and inaccessible to many. The answer is to create a self-service, on-demand automated and flexible environment, so that for example, a remote Jenkins server can initiate a complete regression, accessing and configuring both on-prem physical and virtual assets across multiple locations, as well as public cloud infrastructure. This is Lab-as-a-Service, powered by CloudShell.
- Model and provision complex infrastructure and application blueprints that may include physical, virtual, cloud, and network components
- Deploy blueprints interactively via a self-service catalog or automatically via external processes via Sandbox API
- Allow 24/7 global access to labs and data-centers
- Minimize hoarding by automating setup and teardown of sandboxes on demand
- Federate global sites into single self-service cloud
- Manage, track, and control infrastructure usage down to port level
- Enable dynamic power control for true “lights out” operations
Who is Lab-as-a-Service for?
Lab-as-a-Service is suited for teams conducting ongoing network testing, particularly those with complex lab environments or lab environments distributed across internal groups or facilities.
- Carriers—accelerate service onboarding, testing of updates and patches, developing and testing new services
- Network Equipment Makers—integrate DevOps continuous integration, deployment, test and delivery into product development, facilitate solution demonstrations to prospective customers, and reduce customer support time
- Enterprises—simplify onboarding, developing and testing new services
- Security—enhance cyber range training with easily customizable scenarios
Faster Time to Market
Sandboxes with repeatable blueprints slash environmental setup and configuration times, reduce QA and validation cycles, enable consistency across lifecycle, and reduce complications when pushing to production.
CloudShell reduces hoarding, redundant purchases and overall spend by pooling labs and resources across the organization and automating physical layer connectivity. Now you can get better ROI through maximized utilization of test equipment and reduced waste and overlap while delivering cloud based access to users anywhere in the world.
See who is using what resources and how much they are using them. Enjoy better insights and easier scheduling with easy to use web-based dashboards.
By modeling production like environments earlier in the software or product lifecycle, and integrating with continuous processes, defects can be caught earlier, test and innovation shifted left, and overall quality increased.