- Easy-to-use web interface with point-and-click functionality
- Processes up to 2 Tbps per chassis
- Highly resilient, active-active inline and out-of-band capabilities
- Built-in line-rate filtering and lossless processing capabilities
- Flexibility with up to 60 multispeed ports ranging from 10 to 100G per chassis
- Simultaneous inline and out-of-band monitoring capabilities
- Supports Ixia Fabric Controller (IFC)
- 3 RU
Devices and applications at the edge are flooding our networks with data — yet users are still unsatisfied.
They want more bandwidth and quicker connections.
The surge of data creates new demands that must be met with upgrades, updates, and changes to your network. Ixia's Vision X network packet broker is designed for growth and flexibility to meet your network requirements now and in the future. Maintain visibility and security at scale with Vision X.
What is a network packet broker?
A network packet broker (NPB) is a device that aggregates data flows from across the network, manipulates the data as configured by the user, and delivers it to security and monitoring tools. It acts as an abstraction layer, extracting data from the network, and as a “broker”, or “dealer”, distributing the relevant data to the relevant tools.
NPBs give visibility and security coverage to businesses assets. With NPBs, your IT team gains an improved understanding of the network and data center to:
- Improve data center automation
- Execute better business decisions
- Quickly troubleshoot network issues
- Resolve application performance complications
- Efficiently use network analysis and security tools
Maintain visibility as your data center evolves with the Vision X network packet broker. Next-generation technology upgrades are simple without replacing your existing security and monitoring tools.
Vision X enables you to see the data on your network. This gives you the information you need to make better business decisions and keep your network running smoothly today, tomorrow, and in the future.
More Than 2x the Performance of the Competition
Vision X is Ixia's high-performance, high-density network visibility solution. In only three rack units, you can get up to 60 multispeed ports ranging from 10 to 100G. Each chassis processes up to 2 Tbps of data through dedicated FPGA hardware — so you can guarantee no packets are dropped, ever. With customizable, swappable module bays, Vision X scales with your needs without expanding its footprint.
Improve the ROI of your Network Infrastructure
Read this eBook to learn how NPBs drive ROI.
It is vital to include an NPB like Vision X in your visibility architecture. One major benefit an NPB brings is an increase in return on investment (ROI) of your network infrastructure.
2019 Tokyo Interop Best of Show Special Prize Winner
Vision X won the Special Prize at Interop Tokyo's Best of Show Awards.
Vision X is IFC Compatible
The Vision X network packet broker is compatible with Ixia's Fabric Controller (IFC) technology — an SDx (software-defined everything) controller for device management. IFC is a highly available, resilient, and easy-to-use, intelligent monitoring platform that works across physical and virtual network environments to give you visibility through a single pane of glass.
Inline and Out-of-band Capabilities
- Inline Security
- Out-of-band monitoring
Inspect live traffic for malware and attacks without risk to network availability. Ixia's solution for inline security ensures continuous security monitoring with fast failover and the ability to upgrade security solutions without downtime.
Deliver network traffic to your out-of-band monitoring tools with speed and accuracy. Ixia's dynamic filtering engine makes it easy to identify relevant interactions, even as your network grows and changes.
Diminish Network Disruptions: Removing Risk from IT Change Management
In this webinar you will:
- Learn what an ideal configuration looks like for smooth change implementation
- Hear what seamless user experience is and how to ensure it
- Understand how to roll out security updates while optimizing performance and user experience
- Get an overview of Vision X and its dashboard
Stack up Ixia’s leading visibility intelligence features to optimize your traffic analysis and security tool performance. Used with a network packet broker, virtual or cloud platform, the extensive set of intelligent features allows you to modify, mold, and transport traffic specific to tool needs. Each feature is executed with a purpose-built design to ensure you get the best performance whether in a physical data center or the cloud. To learn more, click on each stack.
Robust filtering, aggregation, replication, and more
- Three stages of filtering (ingress, dynamic, and egress)
- Dynamic filter compiler
- Priority based filtering
- Source port labeling (VLAN tagging & untagging)
- Aggregation & replication
- Load balancing
- Double your Ports- DyP (Simplex)
AppStack capabilities are not available for this network packet broker or this platform at this time — visit the page to learn more.
Context-aware, signature-based application layer filtering
- Application identification
- Geolocation & tagging
- Optional RegEx filtering
- IxFlow (NetFlow + metadata)
- Packet capture
- ATI subscription
- Real-time dashboard
MobileStack capabilities are not available for this network packet broker or this platform at this time — visit the page to learn more.
Visibility intelligence tailored for the mobile carrier evolved packet core
- GTP & SIP correlation
- GTP & SIP load balancing
- Subscriber filtering
- Subscriber sampling
- Subscriber whitelisting
- Packet core filtering
TradeStack capabilities are not available for this network packet broker or this platform at this time — visit the page to learn more.
Marked data feed monitoring
- Gap detection
- Feed and channel health
- High-resolution traffic statistics
- Microburst detection
- Subscription for feed updates
- Simplified feed management