Validating New Technologies that Challenge the Limits
5G New Radio (NR), the technical specification for an OFDM-based physical air interface, aims to make wireless broadband performance the same as wired. With extreme bandwidth, low latency, and massive scalability, this "wireless fiber" will deliver on 5G performance expectations while reducing OPEX costs to just one-fifth of today's cost.
As 5G standards evolve, it is critical to perform continuous standards conformance testing to accelerate innovation. Testing the 5G Radio Access Network (RAN) requires careful planning, well-thought-out test plans, a performance benchmarking strategy, test automation, and reporting.
Ensuring Scalable and High-Performing 5G Architectures
Unlike the 4G/LTE RAN, changes in the 5G RAN makes it necessary to test the architecture's modular and flexible nature at high scale and performance. To accomplish this, Ixia's 5G RAN test solution is flexible, modular, and scalable to support different 5G split architectures. It comes in a compact footprint with the potential to grow up to 4,000 UEs to validate the most complex mobility scenarios.
- GUI driven (no scripting); configuration centers on defining UE behavior and describing traffic models/patterns
- Run stateful user-plane traffic simulations: VoLTE (voice and video), video on demand, HTTP Streaming, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Scaling – from a few UES to 1000s of UEs
- Support for 4G and 5G (NSA) from a single user interface on the same system
- Measure and report quality of experience (QoE) analysis and scoring of each traffic stream for each UE
- End-to-End: From UEs to PDN running both ends in the same test on the same system
Let us help you create high-performing 5G devices and networks.