- 48 ports of 10GbE/1GbE SFP+
- All ports are bidirectional and fully non-blocking
- Full line-rate across all ports with filtering enabled
- Extensive packet filtering capability
- Supported encryption ciphers
- RSA and Diffie-Helman Key Exchange
- SNMP v1, v2, v3 support
- Local, RADIUS, and TACACS+ support (members and groups)
- Granular access control features
- Event monitoring and logging
- IT Automation control with web-based API
ATI Processor Size and Weight
- 1U high interface card for 19” chassis
- Dimensions: 17.5W x 15L x 1.75H (inches)
- Weight: 17.0lb (7.7 kg)
1 RU ATI Processor Size and Weight
- 1U high 19” rack mounted interface card
- Dimensions: 17.5W x 28.5L x 1.75H (inches)
- Weight (chassis + ATI Proc.): 33.7lb (7.7 kg)
Power for Vision ONE
- Operating input voltage: 40 to 60VDC
- Nom. Current: 12.5A @ 53VDC
- Max. operating input current: 19.25A @ 40VDC
Power for NTO 7300 Option (DC)
- Operating input voltage: -40 to -60VDC
- Nominal current: 4.15A @ -53VDC, 220W
- Maximum operating input current: 5.5A @ 40VDC, 220W max
- Heat/power dissipation for module at 100% traffic load: maximum 220W / 751 BTU/hour
- Operating: 5°C to 40°C
- Short-term*: -5°C to 55°C (*not to exceed 96 consecutive hours)
- Short-term* with fan failure: -5°C to 40°C (*not to exceed 96 consecutive hours)
- Operating: 5% to 85%, (non-condensing)
- Short-term*: 5% to 90% (non-condensing, *not to exceed 96 hours)
Ixia offers an extensive set of visibility intelligence feature stacks so you can get the most out of your visibility and security platform – our capabilities allow filtering based on L2 through L7. Moreover, we provide industry-specific, specialized capabilities. Each stack of features is executed with a purpose-built design to ensure you get the best performance whether in a physical data-center or a private, hybrid or public cloud.
See how we stack up!
- Application Identification
- Geolocation & Tagging
- Optional RegEx
- Ixflow (NetFlow + Metadata)
- Packet Capture
- Application & Threat Intelligence
Easily exclude YouTube and Netflix traffic from security inspection - reducing bandwidth to your tools. Ixia's AppStack detects applications through signatures: static, dynamic or even customized with a patent pending technology. With Ixia doing the heavy lifting of figuring out application signature and maintaining a database, you or your team don’t have to become RegEx experts or track changing applications.
Ixia regularly updates its application database, tracking leading and new applications, as well as developing signatures for unknown applications.
- Application identification and filtering based on signature, browser, OS, IP address, and geolocation and forwarding to the right security tools
- Quickly separate traffic flow by application type – video, email, web or other – device, OS, browser, carrier, BGP AS#
- Ability to detect unknown applications and add mainstream applications by request
- Monitor and report top applications’ and countries’ bandwidth consumption
- No RegEx needed!
Geolocation & Tagging
Separate traffic by location – Pre-defined parameters and signature detection allows for application filtering based on geography so tools can zoom in for close-range visibility. Quickly troubleshoot application issues for a specific remote site by pinpointing a location and application (like VoIP problems from your UK office). If you want to block traffic from specific locations, check out ThreatARMOR. It uses the same information feed and geolocation database as Ixia's ATI Research Center to let you block all traffic to and from untrusted countries, dramatically reducing your attack surface.
- Forward application session traffic based on region, country, city, and in many cases latitude/longitude to the correct tools in your portfolio
- Quickly configure filters, no manual scripting needed
- Support custom locations, such as private IP addresses
Though we make life easy for users by detecting application types, geographies and more, we understand that sometimes customization is needed for corporate specific needs. Though not required, RegEx can be used for additional control and customization. More importantly, it can be used in conjunction with all the other smart filters to offer both ease of use and preciseness of criteria.
- Layer RegEx over the truly intelligent application filtering, geolocation & tagging features.
- Predefined matches for Taxpayer ID, phone numbers, and common credit cards
- Isolate emails from potentially compromised accounts
Ixia allows you to enrich NetFlow records with value-add extensions. You can determine what additional information to send to your tools.
- Include geographical information such as region IP, latitude and city name. Application ID or name, device, browser and even SSL cipher as part of extra information send to tools.
- Subscriber-aware reporting provides detail on application and handset (device) type for mobile users
- HTTP URL and hostname for web activity tracking
- HTTP and DNS metadata for rapid breach detection
- Transaction Latency for application performance tracking
Packet Capture (PCAP)
Troubleshooting VoIP connections from your office in Germany? Have a repeat issue you need to get to the bottom of? Quickly capture those connection and analyze. With the Packet Capture capability, it is quick and easy to setup a filter and get any slice of traffic you need – from a specific country, application, browser, device, and more – right your fingertips.
- Quickly verify filter configuration by capturing and validating data
- Capture up to 10 samples with 100MB sampling window each
- Easily download to a laptop/workstation for analysis
- Packet capture capability at 30GE line rate
- Blog Post: PCAP in a Snap
Application and threat intelligence (ATI) subscription provides updates to application signature database, vital for AppStack to stay updated with emerging applications which increases the accuracy of known and unknown application types. This service also includes updates to geolocation map data, insuring country and city name data are updated with any changes.
Watch an AppStack overview from Fred Strelzoff, a member of Ixia's Network Visibility Product Management team.
Raise your visibility IQ
True intelligence. Application filtering that that does NOT require any RegEx! Ixia ties capabilities back to a threat intelligence powerhouse that ensures up to date information on applications, geographies and more. We leverage a patented technology to create and update application signatures; we allow you to pinpoint where in the world traffic is coming and going from and even capture data for traffic analysis. Beyond that, forward NetFlow traffic with the option to add custom metadata.
Since we added true intelligence, we added a real-time dashboard so you can get actionable insights to mitigate threats and identify trends. View your network application traffic distribution: top counties, top filters, top service providers, top browsers, top device OS types. Graphs and charts show application traffic sources and breakdowns – allowing you to easily see and manage