Gain Network Visibility and Traffic Access with Network Taps
Problem: Blind spots and high costs of accessing network traffic
Organizations require 100% visibility into network traffic to ensure peak performance and security. But the larger a network grows, the harder it becomes to monitor. Blind spots can easily compromise network quality. Traditional monitoring methods, such as port mirroring, can be costly and add layers of complexity. And some monitoring solutions negatively impact network availability. With networks growing faster than ever, now is the time for a high-performance, scalable monitoring solution.
Solution: 100% visibility with network taps
The Ixia family of network tap products, including optical fiber taps, copper taps, tap aggregators and regen taps, provides complete visibility into network traffic to facilitate optimal performance and security. Network taps, installed directly to the network, are plug-and-play, and do not require costly hands-on management. Regardless of interface or network location, Ixia high-performance taps support both copper and multimode and single-mode optical fiber at speeds of up to 100Gbps. The best part: Taps can provide permanent access to network traffic and allow total traffic visibility for network monitoring and security devices—without introducing costly bottlenecks or points of failure.
IT professionals buy Ixia Taps, due to:
- Ixia having the largest range of tap types of any vendor - (Passive/Active, Speeds from 1Gbps to 100Gbps, Single mode and Multi mode, and connector/fiber types including Cisco BiDi). Ixia offer the highest density and most modular tap on the market - Flex Tap VHD with up to 36 taps in a 19 inch 1U space
- Ixia holding many thousands of taps in stock and can quickly ship high volumes if required
- Ixia's ability to supply globally through a network of global Channel Partners
- Ixia having high quality products. Ixia undertakes thorough testing on taps in both the design and manufacturing processes, often using the same test equipment that Ixia is famous for
- Ixia's reputation for technical innovation - Ixia was the first to offer a modular tap - "Flex Tap" and continues to innovate through products such as the Flex Tap Secure+ which provides an enhanced security for the most sensitive of applications
- Unlike some tap vendors, Ixia are a large and established company and provide a viable source of taps in the long term
- Ability to use Flex Tap Secure+ which contains unique technology (patent pending) that prevents accidental injection of data into monitoring ports for very sensitive lawful intercept applications.
iLink Aggregators are top of the range tap aggregators that can tap and aggregate traffic from up to 32 links and feed large numbers of tools. Some models contain inbuilt taps. They are a cost effective alternative to Network Packet Brokers if aggregation only (no filtering) functionality is required at speeds of 1Gbps and below.
Source: TechValidate. TVID: 47A-380-EF7
- Provide 100% visibility to link traffic to security and network monitoring tools
- Eliminate high costs and potential blind spots associated with adding SPAN ports
- Save valuable rack real estate with high-density tap, aggregator, and regenerator solutions
- Deliver fully passive functionality so monitoring infrastructure does not impact network availability
- Realize very low acquisition cost with minimal cost of ownership