- 50/50, 60/40, 70/30, 80/20 and 90/10 split ratios supported
- 1G, 10G, 40G and 100G models
- Fully modular product - anywhere between 1 and 36 taps in a 1U 19 inch rack
- LC, MTP and BiDi deployments supported. Single Mode and Multi Mode models
- "Mix and Match" different speeds and fiber types in one chassis
- Delivers low insertion loss to minimize impact on data flows
- Prepopulated chassis with either 16 or 24 modules available at a discount
Visibility on Tap - Optical Fiber Taps
Problem: sacrificing performance for security
These days, organizations demand reliable, continuous visibility into network traffic. But network monitoring and security tools can lead to network performance degradation and disruption if not used carefully. This presents a unique challenge to today’s enterprises, government agencies, and service providers: how to achieve total traffic visibility for network monitoring and security tools without introducing points of failure in the network.
Solution: A flexible and scalEAble solution for 100% visibility
Built using fiber-optics, Ixia Flex Tap fiber taps deliver 100% visibility into network traffic and permanent, passive access points while preserving top network performance. That’s because each tap in the Ixia Flex Tap™ family is modular and can support network speeds of up to 100Gbps, and is 100% passive. At the same time, Flex Taps allow you to effectively monitor network performance, avoiding issues of degradation and disruption. Flex Taps are also versatile: each is compatible with all protocols and monitoring devices, and can be deployed at any inline connection on the network without increasing overhead or management workflows. Flex Taps consist of a base chassis unit that can hold up to 24 individual LC based Flex Tap modules, or 12 MTP based modules.
Passive fiber taps such as Ixia Flex Taps are very secure as once inserted in a network. They are always live and cannot be 'hacked' and disabled. A key aspect of selecting the right tap for the job is the calculation of a 'light budget' that confirms that a passive tap will not lead to any dropped packets on the network being monitored.
IT professionals buy Ixia Flex Taps, due to:
- Ixia has the largest range of tap types of any vendor - (Speeds from 1Gbps to 100Gbps, Single mode and Multi mode, and connector/fiber types including Cisco BiDi). See data sheet for complete listing of Flex Tap modules including the new Flex Tap VHD module which provides up to 36 taps in a 19inch 1U space
- Ixia has thousands of taps in stock and can quickly ship high volumes if required
- Ixia's ability to deliver through a network of global Channel Partners
- Quality products - thorough testing from design through production ensure top performance
- Technical Innovation - Ixia was the first to offer a modular tap - "Flex Tap" and continues to innovate with products such as the Flex Tap Secure+ which provides an enhanced security for the most sensitive of applications
- Wide choice of supporting cables - see "Y Cables Matter" Blog
Standard Flex Tap Module - LC Connectors
To learn more about optical tap deployments, including light budgets, we invite you to read the solution brief "Flex Tap Insertion Loss Calculator." We also have a detailed blog post on calculating optical tap light budgets, "Dark Secrets of Light Budgets" that we invite you to read.