Modern 5G flexible RAN architecture introduces the Ethernet-based fronthaul for carrying time-sensitive radio data over switched networks. The Ixia Novus 25/10GE SFP28 load module provides the right mix of required interface speeds, time-sensitive networking (TSN) capabilities, and high-scale control and data plane traffic to validate these networks.
Network equipment manufacturers (NEMs) are rapidly developing multi-rate switch/routing devices for 5G fronthaul network to capture market share. These products are expected to support high data rates while meeting the demands for time-critical radio data over Ethernet. Bandwidth requirements for enterprises, cloud service providers, and global data centers continues to grow rapidly. Cloud service providers and Hyper-scale data centers are deploying high-density 100GE and 25GE networking infrastructure solutions to meet these demands. As data centers, cloud service providers, and large enterprises implement this same high-density network equipment in their own networks, they too need the same type of test solution to verify performance and functionality prior to deployment.
- Validate 5G RAN transport network infrastructure on SFP28 25GE and 10GE interfaces
- Emulate TSN over 25GE using SFP28 interfaces
- Validate 100GE, 25GE, and 10GE over copper, multimode, and single-mode fiber interconnect media
- Leverage excellent interoperability, functional, and performance test platform for the new 100GBASE-SR4, 100GBASE-LR4, 100GBASE-CR4, 25GBASE-CR, 25GBASE-SR, 25GBASE-LR with auto-negotiation, FEC, and link training
- Generate a broad range of data-plane traffic and analysis with high-performance L2/3 networking protocol emulation and coverage