Ixia offers an extensive set of visibility intelligence feature stacks so you can get the most out of your visibility and security platform – our capabilities allow filtering based on L2 through L7. Moreover, we provide industry-specific, specialized capabilities. Each stack of features is executed with a purpose-built design to ensure you get the best performance whether in a physical data-center or a private, hybrid or public cloud.
See how we stack up!
- Active SSL
- SSL Decryption
- Data Masking Plus
Decryption and encryption with ephemeral key (TLS 1.3) support
Encrypted traffic is a dual-edged sword, where the protection it provides can be manipulated by hackers to inject malware and other threats into a network. As most traffic becomes encrypted and with ephemeral key on its way to becoming the dominant technology, organizations need a way to retain the benefits of TLS 1.3 standards, while being able to inspect traffic for threats and malware to protect their networks and users.
Ixia's Active SSL capability enables organizations to see inside traffic that uses ephemeral key cryptography through its visibility platform. With Ixia's Active SSL you can:
- Decrypt once and scale monitoring infrastructure. Offloading SSL decryption will optimize security and monitoring tool performance
- Deploy inline, out-of-band (OOB), and simultaneous inline and OOB configurations for the ultimately flexibility
- See into both outbound and inbound traffic to inspect downloads and detect server attacks
- Achieve limitless visibility when used with Ixia's NetStack, PacketStack and AppStack capabilities
Active SSL will be available via a high-performance application module that is compatible Vision ONE™.
- Active SSL will be done with a dedicated cryptographic processor, to provide the best throughput integrated with a visibility solution
- Throughput options include 1G, 2G, 4G or 10G (license per module). Upgrades via licensing
- Includes built-in policy management, URL categorization, and real-time insight through reporting
- Supports all leading ciphers including TLS 1.3 (current draft)
Learn more about Ixia's Active SSL capability and the Vision ONE platform:
SSL Decryption (Passive)
Data encryption helps make information secure, but unfortunately, it can also be used by hackers to inject malware, viruses and other risky content into encrypted traffic and traverse your network without being detected. Get greater visibility by decrypting traffic to detect such malware, prevent data loss, monitor applications and more. Ixia can help you offload the SSL decryption work and remove your network performance bottleneck.
- Get visibility to encrypted sessions without compromising security with role-based access controls and bidirectional decryption capability
- Handle 10 million concurrent sessions with up to 8Gbps throughput
- Support encryption ciphers and key sizes: 3DES, RC4, AES, SHA1/521/384/256/224, MD5, ECC (Elliptic Curve), RSA and Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange
- No impact on application identification and filtering performance
- Can work simultaneously with NetFlow generation, data masking, PCAP, and application forwarding
Data Masking Plus
Achieve Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), HIPAA and other regulatory compliance by leveraging pre-defined data patterns. With personally identifiable information traversing the network, security is key to keeping your consumers and your organization safe.
- Pre-defined patterns to mask – including major credit card, SSN and email addresses
- Reduce false positives with the built-in credit card number validation using the Luhn algorithm
Leverage in addition to standard data masking at the packet level using a user configurable offset with any number of bytes.
- Blog Post: Data Masking with Ixia's ATI Processor
Be more secure
Security focused intelligence that gives you better visibility to Transport Layer Security (TLS)/ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypted traffic with the greatest keys and ciphers supported.