- Hawkeye active network monitoring features built in
- Easy-to-use web interface for remote control
- Supports scaling your security infrastructure to edge sites
- NetStack, PacketStack, and AppStack features built in
- 2 ports for management and cloud updates
- 6 ports for 1G network packet broker use
- 4 ports for 10G network packet broker use
- 1 RU
The Demand for Edge Visibility
As the Internet of Things, 5G, cloud, and edge computing architectures expand networking environments, the demand for edge visibility is skyrocketing. While these technologies allow for a greater distribution of computing and communicating devices, they pose significant challenges such as latency, security, and distributed network performance management.
Ixia's edge visibility solutions solve these issues by offering dedicated resources for packet processing and network performance monitoring at the edge.
Our solutions combine packet and flow collection so that legacy monitoring and security tools can be deployed in a distributed architecture. Network performance monitoring and analytics are carried out at the edge — so your branch sites can detect and troubleshoot problems easily.
Packet, flow, and active performance monitoring in one rack unit
Vision E1S introduces an added level of visibility into your network. It is capable of both synthetic monitoring via traffic simulation and advanced network packet broker data processing, allowing your branch sites to do more independently.
Vision E1S is the only network packet broker in the Vision Portfolio that comes pre-installed with Hawkeye network performance monitoring capabilities in addition to Ixia's visibility intelligence features — PacketStack, NetStack, and AppStack.
To top it off, Vision E1S is Ixia's most affordable packet broker available. It delivers visibility and performance monitoring to your remote sites without affecting your wallet.
Active Performance Monitoring for Your Remote Sites
Ixia's Hawkeye is a synthetic monitoring platform that allows you to automate network performance checks and improve the application delivery experience of your customers. Your Vision E1S system acts as a Hawkeye endpoint, generating traffic and sending it across various hardware, software, and cloud-based endpoints.
You can proactively probe your network for vulnerabilities and compare metrics to predefined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) all while getting a detailed look at what your users are experiencing in real- time.
To find out more about the types of network performance tests, built-in KPIs, and other available endpoints, visit the Hawkeye web page.
Vision E1S is configured and controlled via the Hawkeye web-based platform. From the platform, you have access to:
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hawkeye endpoints exhibited in a map format
- Alarms, scheduled tests, and ongoing test results
- Network, application, and Wi-Fi performance metrics updated in real-time
- NetStack, PacketStack, and AppStack visibility intelligence features for filtering, NetFlow collection, data distribution, and more
DESIGNED FOR YOUR BRANCH OFFICEs AND REMOTE SITES
No matter your data center configuration, Vision Edge network packet brokers ensure the right data always gets to the right tools.
- As a turnkey solution for single site deployment with network security and monitoring tools
- In a distributed campus network using direct connect to connect with a data center
- In data centers that aggregate and send data across LAN or WAN to central NON/SOC for real-time visibility operations
- In a leaf-spine architecture, aggregating across multiple racks in a smaller or microscale data center
- In a hybrid monitoring environment with Ixia's CloudLens platform — visibility for public, private and hybrid clouds
Stack up Ixia’s leading visibility intelligence features to optimize your traffic analysis and security tool performance. Used with a network packet broker, virtual, or cloud platform, our extensive set of intelligent features allows you to modify, mold, and transport traffic specific to tool needs. Moreover, we provide industry-specific, specialized capabilities. Each feature is executed with a purpose-built design to ensure you get the best performance, whether in a physical data-center or in the cloud. To learn more, click on each stack.
Robust filtering, aggregation, replication, and more
- Three stages of filtering (ingress, dynamic, and egress)
- Dynamic filter compiler
- Priority based filtering
- Source port labeling (VLAN tagging & untagging)
- Aggregation & replication
- Load balancing
- Double your Ports- DyP (Simplex)
Intelligent packet filtering, manipulation, and transport
- Header (protocol) stripping
- Packet trimming
- Data masking
- GRE tunneling
- Burst protection (deep packet buffering)
- NetFlow generation
Context-aware, signature-based application layer filtering
- Application identification
- Geolocation & tagging
- Optional RegEx filtering
- IxFlow (NetFlow + metadata)
- Packet capture
- Real-time dashboard
MobileStack capabilities are not available for this network packet broker or this platform at this time — visit the page to learn more.
Visibility intelligence tailored for the mobile carrier evolved packet core
- GTP & SIP correlation
- GTP & SIP load balancing
- Subscriber filtering
- Subscriber sampling
- Subscriber whitelisting
- Packet core filtering
TradeStack capabilities are not available for this network packet broker or this platform at this time — visit the page to learn more.
Marked data feed monitoring
- Gap detection
- Feed and channel health
- High-resolution traffic statistics
- Microburst detection
- Subscription for feed updates
- Simplified feed management