|Slots||12 (compatible with Ixia XM form factor load modules)|
|Chassis Modules and Weights||
|Chassis Power Requirements||Three, single phase, 200-240VAC 50/60Hz power sources
rated at 20 Amperes each, are required to supply the chassis.
Maximum power consumption per line cord and power supply:
|Power Cords||Three power cords are required to operate the XGS12 chassis power supplies for normal operating conditions. Power Cord shipments: Ixia provides three power cords that are configured and rated to meet the specifications of the target country where the chassis will be installed|
|Power Supply Module||
|Fan Module||Field-replaceable chassis fan assembly that is easily installed and removed|
XGS12-HS and XGS12-HSL Processor Modules: Field-replaceable and removable processor card module with 2 x Intel Sandy Bridge EP, E5-2658 2.1GHz processors; 64GB RAM; dual 400GB solid-state drive hard disk
XGS12-HS Processor Module: Linux OS and Windows 7 VM
XGS12-HSL Processor Module: Native IxOS
Internal or synchronized with another Ixia chassis, or external with the Ixia Metronome Timing System or AFD1 appliance for GPS time sources, or the Ixia AFD2 appliance for BITS and IRIG-B time format input with additional 1PPS inputNote: External synchronization is supported on XGS12-SD and XGS12-HS chassis only
|Connectors per Processor Module||
|Connectors Chassis Frame||
|Switches, LEDs, and LCD Display||
|Industry Certifications||The chassis safety approvals are UL and CE. These certifications are only valid when the unit is operating as specified. See endnote ii for more information.|
|Temperature||Operating: 41° F to 104° F (5° C to 40° C)
Storage: 41° F to 122° F (5° C to 50° C)
|Humidity||Operating: 0% to 85%, non-condensing
Storage: 0% to 85%, non-condensing
The XGS12-HS and XGS12-HSL chassis running at maximum fan speed capacity may produce noise levels up to 87 dB(A). This is measured per the GR-63-CORE, Issue 1, and paragraph 5.6.3 specification. The use of appropriate ear protection is recommended to protect against hearing impairment. Consult local health and safety regulations for recommended maximum exposure levels for noise and ear protection devices.
Note: Fan speed is variable and adjusted based on present load and temperatures within the chassis
- Engineering and quality assurance (QA) groups developing and testing Higher Speed Ethernet 100GE/50GE/40GE/25GE, and high-density 10GE/1GE products
- Engineering and QA groups developing and testing high-performance Layer 4-7 devices
- Manufacturing groups executing production-quality and repetitive testing
- Customer support departments troubleshooting customer issues
- Internet service providers (ISPs), carriers, and enterprises executing product qualification/acceptance testing or pre-deployment hot-staging of network equipment
- Certification and interoperability labs providing third-party equipment test and validation
The XGS12-HS and XGS12-HSL chassis support the following Ixia test applications:
- BreakingPoint (with PerfectStorm Fusion load modules) for global visibility into emerging threats and applications, along with advance insight into the resiliency of an organization's IT infrastructure under operationally-relevant conditions and malicious attacks
- IxLoad for performance testing of content-aware devices (e.g., load balancers, web servers, video servers) running protocols such as HTTP, FTP, SMTP, SIP, and MPEG2 video
- IxExplorer for granular, highly-flexible data-plane testing and analysis (Note: PerfectStorm Load Modules do not have support for IxExplorer)
- IxNetwork for scalability and performance testing of routing, switching, security, and broadband access infrastructure solutions
[i] For a complete list of all Ixia load modules supported by the XGS12-HS and XGS12-HSL chassis, refer to the Ixia Platform Reference guide document and the Product Compatibility Matrix that are available under the Support section of the www.ixiacom.com website.
[ii] All three power cords must be plugged into their single phase 200-240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz power sources at the same time for correct operation of the chassis. The North American power cord has a NEMA L6-20P plug that goes to the power source and an IEC-60320-C19 receptacle that plugs into the XG12 chassis. The power cord is rated to 16 Amperes. The plug and receptacle are rated for 20 Amperes. The XGS12-HS and XGS12-HSL chassis are UL certified when using the 200-240VAC power cords supplied with the chassis. For international shipments power cords are provided for the target country and are included with the purchase of the chassis.
[iii] Some high-density/high-performance load modules may require a lower ambient air operating temperature. If this is the case, the operating temperature will be lowered for the chassis to what is specified in the load module datasheet.
12-Slot, 11RU, Rackmount Chassis
Ixia’s XGS12 12-slot modular chassis platform delivers the most comprehensive solution for performance, functional, security, and conformance testing of network equipment and network applications. Operating in conjunction with Ixia’s industry-leading IxNetwork®, IxLoad®, and BreakingPoint® test applications and automation APIs, this platform provides the power and performance necessary for massive-scale Layer 2-7 testing.
All XGS12 chassis platform models – XGS12-SD, XGS12-HS, and XGS12-HSL have a front-to-back airflow system to ensure that Ixia’s highest-density load modules operate efficiently. A true modular construction maximizes serviceability as each major system component is self-contained and field-replaceable with the fan, power supply, and processor components designed to be readily installed and removed. Ixia load modules are hot-swappable, allowing for a highly-flexible testing environment. This chassis family supports XM and PerfectStorm load modules, providing a seamless integration with existing Ixia test systems.
- Reduces space requirements and simplifies management with high port densities—100/50/40/25/10GE—in 11RU vertical rack space
- Enables resource aggregation across load modules using high-speed backplane
- Offers multi-user environment that leverages a per-port user ownership model for all test module ports
- Reduced management overhead and simplified upgrades with integrated IxOS™ operating system for chassis and load modules
- Enables simple and quick field service with field-replaceable Modular Controller, Fan, and Power Supply Modules
- Remote chassis management via browser (on XGS12-HSL model)
- 400GE ready