Comprehensive security packet brokering for 10G networks, delivering filtering, aggregation, and load-balancing.
The Ixia xStream™ 10 is a network packet broker for monitoring high-speed network traffic in in-line networks, letting you share the network’s rapidly increasing traffic load among multiple tools. The need to record and inspect all traffic on high-volume 10G networks puts pressure on organizations to invest heavily in new tools, or risk oversubscribing their current tools.
Now, xStream 10 enables deployment of multiple tools in parallel, with traffic balanced between them. This approach allows you to use IPSs, firewalls, Web accelerators, and other inline tools more efficiently.
- 480Gbps; no packets dropped as long as monitor traffic does not exceed monitor port bandwidth
- Ultra-low latency of 650 nanoseconds, any packet size, any-port to any-port, any amount of regeneration and filtering (excluding aggregation head-of-line blocking delays)
- Flow coherent, hash-based, 5-tuple (SIP, DIP, SPORT, DPORT, protocol), 2-tuple (SIP+DIP) for GTP and other protocols, or other combinations of L2-L4 header fields including SMAC, DMAC, ethertype, and VLAN; out-of-band, inline, tool sharing; 10G-to-1G distribution; link-state awareness; Heartbeat monitoring of inline tool health; 1 to 20 independent load balance groups with up to 20 load-balanced outputs per group
- Two xStream devices can be connected together via network ports to form a high availability solution. Configuration and state are constantly synchronized between them.
- Aggregation, any number of ports; regeneration, any number of ports; any-to-any, any-to-many, many-to-any, and many-to-many; any port can be used as an input, an output, or both simultaneously