Best Practices for Utilizing Network Monitoring Switches in Cisco Environments
As networks expand and the criticality of the applications and services they deliver climbs, network planning, management, and security teams are increasingly turning towards network monitoring switches as a key element within monitoring architectures. In parallel, monitoring switches are maturing rapidly, adding advanced features to meet specific packet-based monitoring requirements.
In this informative white paper, Best Practices for Utilizing Network Monitoring Switches in Cisco Environments, Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) reviews specific challenges with deploying packet-based monitoring in Cisco-based networks and examines how the Ixia network packet broker (NPB) solution can be used to meet those needs.
What You Will Learn:
- The evolution of packet-based monitoring
- The four key use cases to monitoring Cisco-based networks
- How to address the limitations of SPAN ports
- How to monitor in a virtualized, n-Tier architecture
- How to monitor packets in top-of-rack (ToR) switching architectures
- Special practices for security monitoring
Learn how Ixia’s NPB overcomes security, compliance, and performance monitoring limitations in Cisco-based network infrastructures. Download this white paper to learn more.