How Context Awareness Improves Security Threat Detection
Google Maps uses context-awareness to identify your location. And you can use context-awarness to make your security threat detection better.
In this informative white paper, How Context-Awareness Data Improves Security Threat Detection, we introduce you to context aware data processing, which uses clues from network traffic to add context to packet flows.
When security analysts get alerts, they prioritize the ones they will investigate. With additional context, it is easier to see what traffic needs another look. Discovery, forensics, and remediation all require correlation analysis among different tools that perform different functions. Correlation analysis becomes easier when network tools all get reliable access to relevant traffic at the same time. Enhance that traffic with context, and it can quickly make security analysts and the tools they use better.
What You’ll Learn:
- What context is and how it can improve security monitoring and threat detection
- The 3 problems with identifying applications by port number
- The 3 benefits of real application intelligence in your network
- The differences between application filtering and application intelligence and why application intelligence is superior
- How a security architecture with context-awareness works to identify known and unknown applications
Download this white paper today.