Ixia’s Guide to Visibility Use Cases - Troubleshooting and Network Reliability
The potential cost of network downtime can run into thousands of dollars — per minute. To mitigate the effects of, or even prevent a network outage, it is critical to have a robust troubleshooting system in place that delivers complete insight into the network through a visibility architecture. To improve network reliability, organizations need to establish greater visibility of the data that flows through their networks, where it goes, and how to control it.
This paper outlines how to use network visibility to reduce troubleshooting time and expense. Topics include:
- reducing/eliminating the need for change board approvals and crash carts
- use of floating filters that dramatically cut data collection times
- use of dynamic filter engines to increase data filter accuracy
- improving out-of-band monitoring solution reliability with high availability (HA)
- conducting proactive troubleshooting with application intelligence
- baselining your network to recognize aberrant behavior
- improved troubleshooting using quick packet captures
- use of duplicate packets to isolate architecture design flaws
- ability to easily validate monitoring filter accuracy
- improved network reliability analysis and better monitoring data
- correlation of production traffic with test environments to reduce mean time to repair (MTTR)
Download this whitepaper to read about how to implement these use cases.