Network Emulator II - Ethernet
Network Emulator II is a precision test instrument for 10GE, 1GE, and 100MbE Ethernet impairment. The device allows users to accurately emulate the real network conditions that occur over live production LAN/WAN networks. By emulating realistic and worst-case network conditions in the lab, users can validate and test performance of new hardware, protocols, and applications to prevent failures in production networks. The Network Emulator II offers a rich feature-set to allow testing in a controlled lab environment with repeatable and predictable impairments.
Network Emulator II enables user to:
- Test the effect of delay on the network and application performance
- Determine how applications will perform when distributed across data centers
- Test data center backup in a real-life environment
- Cause outage and degrade scenarios to trigger and validate fail-over protection
- Combine with IxNetwork, IxLoad, and BreakingPoint test systems to create a complete test environment that includes real-world impairments