Republic Polytechnic Partners with Ixia to Nurture Cyber Security Professionals
With the growing risk of cyberattacks, government organizations and businesses need qualified IT professionals who can resolve security issues across multiple complex IT systems. To address this issue, Republic Polytechnic (RP) partnered with Ixia to:
- Develop an IT security training program
- Simulate real-life scenarios for professionals to develop network security skills
- Help organizations develop a workforce capable of understanding and taking action based on data from complete network visibility
Leveraging Ixia’s experience and strategy for training elite cyber warriors, RP developed a cyber security program called the Diploma in Infocomm Security Management (DISM) to build a pool of skilled cyber security professionals. With the DISM program, RP successfully:
- Delivered an authentic learning experience for IT security training
- Equipped students with complete cyber security training
- Helped students understand real-time application data and its impact on network infrastructure
- Helped organizations comply with security assurance requirements
Read the RP case study to learn more.
RP is the first educational institution in Singapore to incorporate a problem-based learning approach in all its diploma programs. RP has seven schools offering 41 diplomas and is committed to nurturing innovation and entrepreneurial learning.
“The Ixia traffic generator is an integral piece of industry-benchmarked learning equipment of our security operations center (SOC) lab. It enables us to create a myriad of attack scenarios to be used in the SOC lab so as to teach our infocomm security students the appropriate responses and mitigation strategies,” said James Tham, Programme Chair of Diploma in Infocomm Security Management of the School of Infocomm at Republic Polytechnic.