ENSURE WIFI NETWORKS DELIVER A CELLULAR EXPERIENCE
With traffic volumes exploding worldwide, mobile network operators are relying heavily on Wi-Fi offload strategies to relieve the strain on overtaxed cellular networks. Moving data traffic to Wi-Fi networks stands to optimize bandwidth utilization, lower cost, and preserve the quality of voice calls on the traditional network.
Cellular offload onto Wi-Fi networks will play a critical role in managing traffic growth. The cost of installing new Wi-Fi gateways is relatively low, but the risks of them failing can be huge. Ensure new devices will not compromise the subscriber experience by testing against realistic LTE conditions.
ASSESS WI-FI IN LTE CONDITIONS
Equipment manufacturers and mobile operators alike use Ixia wireless tests to:
- Emulate, isolate, and assess new Wi-Fi offload network devices such as TWANs and TWAGs using PMIP- or GTP-based interfaces
- Simulate diverse Wi-Fi access points and protocols (including CAPWAP) with attached subscribers
- Emulate core network elements like PGWs to better isolate access and offload components
- Support EAP-SIM and EAP-AKA authentication methods
- Support DHCP IP address allocation for UE (user equipment)